The nomads bus, adventure chasing hostel on wheels
In my search for new adventures on the world wide web I came across The Nomads Bus from Let’s be nomads.
Wow, a hadden gem, I wanted to know more! After reading their website, looking at their pictures, I was even more excited and enthusiastic. I couldn’t wait to share it with you guys.
About The Nomads Bus
Are you adventurous and would like to explorer the world? You should check out The Nomads bus. A hostel on wheels that drives you to breathtaking places. Val and Tim are two nomads and imported an American to Belgium to fulfill their dream. And with succes! They made their first trip in 2014, a winter tour. Their goal is. I am a fan! Who knows, someday I’ll hop on their bus and I’m going to hit the road with hem together, I think that would be an awesome experience.
What is it like to stay in a bus according to Val and Tim?
“Your experience will be totally different than what you would expect from a regular hostel. You’ll become a part of our family from the moment you set foot on our bus. You’ll be able to experience what our life is like and of how fun living on the road together with other like-minded travellers from all over the world can be. It will feel like a home away from home and not only will we take you to beautiful places and enjoy unforgettable moments together, we’ll also take you on a food journey and hope to inspire you with healthy and delicious food. For us, this project is all about our love for the open road and the adventures it brings, sharing our way of life and connecting with other people.”
What is included?
- Sheets, down blanket, pillow and towel
- Breakfast and dinner and some extras are included, all made with local, organic products and a lot of love. Family dinners are important to us.
- Coffee and tea all day.
- Fuel costs and parking costs while on the bus. If you prefer staying on a camping instead of a camping car parking you have to chip in a couple of euros.
- Use of gear and entertainment: guitar, Fatboys, Lamzac, slack line, 2 mountain bikes, two surf boards, volleyball, soccer ball, outdoor cinema with our projector, rooftop deck
- Adventure on the road: every day is a challenge; from finding the best spot to park to searching for the most beautiful hikes, doing fun outdoor activities and enjoying unexpected events. We basically follow our intuition and go with the flow as much as possible.
What is not included?
- Getting to the bus by public transport
- You get a glass of wine with dinner and normally everybody buys a few drinks which we all share for the rest of the evening
- The extra costs of a camping if you want more luxury than what a camping car parking has to offer
Inside: Hot shower, Closet for clothes, Fully equipped kitchen, Woodstove, Fridge, Compost Toilet, Bed, Roof terrace, 12V USB charger ports and a drying rack for clothes
Outside: 6 Lamzac hangouts, 2 Fatboys, Fatboy carpet, 2 Hammocks, 2 Tents, Foldable wooden tables and benches, Fire bowl and a side awning
Entertainment: Guitar, Board games, Two mountainbikes, Two surfboards, One loaded longboard, LP-player, USB-player ,Portable BOSE speaker, Xsories projector, Kub game and Beachvolleyball