How to get rid of fake followers on instagram
My instagram is lately followed by more strange accounts. You know those fake/ghost accounts (in Dutch: spook volgers). I want to get rid of these fake followers so I’ve figured out how you can prevent it, how you can recognize fake followers and how you can get rid of fake followers. Today I share these tips with you!
Although it is important in the “bloggers world” to have many followers. I think it’s important you have real followers, you know human followers not bots. Fake followers never like your pictures or comment below it and you can’t build engagement with them. Don’t misunderstand I would love to have many followers on instagram. But I think it is so important to have a connection with your followers.
How do I recognize a fake account?
- Often they follow thousands of accounts
- While they have no or only a few followers
- They have weird account names. I recently blocked as an example: @MIFKA6_S7301113
- Fake accounts are often from abroad
- They have a strange bio
How to avoid fake followers on instagram?
With a public instagram account you can’t avoid fake followers, as far as I know. Or you must protect your instagram account.
How do I get rid of fake followers?
- Download the app Follow cop – available for iOS and android – and click on the tab “Ghost followers”. You’ll see a list of people who never like or comment below your pictures. And you’ll know who recently unfollowed you.
- Or scroll through your instagram followers list and block all followers you think they are fake. Because when you block a follower they disappear from your followers list.
- And as a last option. Wait until instagram cleans every account and all the fake accounts will be automatically deleted.
You can follow me in instagram here!